Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

To the Graduates...
 

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
"To Infinity and beyond!"


What do you want to be when you grow up?  My granddaughter's Graduating Class of 2013 kindergarteners were asked this.  There were the usual answers of firemen, policemen, veterinarians, doctors, nurses, teachers, and mommies.  I even heard of a little girl who wanted to be the tooth fairy.   Grace said she wanted to be everything!

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." 
Philippians 4:13
 
0r
 
"I have become all things to all men.."
I Corinthians 9:22
 
These verses mean more than wishing to become the President some day. 
It is about God supplying what we need to do and be what He is asking of us.
I Corinthians 9:22 goes on to say, "that I may by all means save some."
God may not call us to stay within our comfort zone, but like an elderly preacher once told us,
 
"The will of God will never lead you
where the grace of God cannot keep you."

 
I'm still deciding what I want to be when I grow up,
because I want to keep growing to be more like Him every day.
 
"I didn't always know what I wanted to do, but I knew what kind of woman I wanted to be."
Diane Von Funderberg

 
Here's what I want for my granddaughters.  I may have already used it, but it's worth repeating...
 
The women of God can never be like the women of the world. 
The world has enough women who are tough;
We need women who are tender.
There are enough women who are coarse;
we need women who are kind.
There enough who are crude;
We need women who are refined.
We have enough women of fame and fortune;
We need more women of faith.
We have enough greed;
We need more goodness.
We have enough popularity;
we need more purity."
Margaret Naoauld
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment