Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013


Words to the wise...


"If plan 'A' fails, remember there are 25 more letters."

"Today I will behave as if this is the day I will be remembered." Dr. Seuss

"If you are humble, nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace,
 because you know what you are."  Mother Teresa

"A smart person knows what to say; a wise person knows whether or not to say it."

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions or they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become your character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."

"We are not called to produce admiration for ourselves but to live a life in such perfect relationship to God that it produces a longing for God in the heart of others."  Oswald Chambers.



Here's a hymn I grew up singing...

"I would be true, for there are those who trust me.
I would be pure for there are those who care.
I would be strong for there is much to suffer.
I would be brave for there is much to dare.

I would be a friend of all - the foe, the friendless.
I would be giving and forget the gift.
I would be humble, for I know my weakness.
I would look up, and love, and laugh, and lift

I would be prayerful thro' each busy moment.
I would be constantly in touch with God.
I would be tuned to hear His slightest whisper.
I would have faith to keep the path Christ trod."

Howard A. Walker, 1883-1913   He only lived thirty years, but left this hymn as his legacy.

"Set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
I Timothy 4:12


No comments:

Post a Comment