Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013




 
 
"You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, most beautiful person I have ever known
and even that is an understatement."
F. Scott Fitzgerald
 
 
 
Have you ever wondered if beauty really was in the eye of the beholder?  What if our eyes morphed or translated what we were looking at into something beautiful?  Isn't that what young love does?  Oh, that we could always see that way.  Perhaps that is how God sees His creatures that He has made and loves with a perfect love.  Remember the old song, "Everything is beautiful, in its own way..."?  We need to see others as He sees them.  This skin is only temporary and our heavenly make-over appointment is written in His book.


I watched part of a video of a girl talking about how to be okay with being ugly.  It was too painful to keep watching, but it made me think.  The only truly ugly people I have ever known have been because of evil in their hearts that made its way to their appearance.  Some people have been ravished by bad choices which has taken its toll on their faces, but a changed heart can make them glow.  Once I had a wrong first impression: upon answering the door, I was taken aback with how ugly the stranger before me was.  Later as we got to know him, he became a dear friend of ours, and I never saw him that way again; in fact, he appeared very pleasant in features. 

"Get at least 8 hours of beauty sleep, nine if you're ugly."
I think we're all ugly without enough sleep.  What would Sleeping Beauty have looked like without all that extra sleep?  Maybe her name is a hint: Sleeping = Beauty.
 
 
But here's proof you can beautiful even if you haven't slept for years! (Blame the babies.)
 
"A beautiful woman uses her lips for Truth,
Her voice for kindness,
Her ears for compassion,
Her hands for charity,
And her heart for love.
For those who do not like her,
she uses prayer."
 
As for me, I am just not very photogenic, but alas, as Abraham Lincoln said,
 
"There are no bad pictures, that's just how your face looks sometimes."
 
After all, he is a perfect example of someone who many have thought ugly, whereas he is one of the most adored persons in our nation's history, and his picture has been popular for years.
 
 
This is one of the few pictures of me that I like!
At least digital cameras have a delete button before those awful pictures become part of history.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment