Thursday, July 11, 2013
I'm thinking of starting a new column...
Dear Crabby: how to turn a smile upside down
1. Grumble and complain.
3. Drop the please and thank you pleasantries.
4. Grow coarser in your attitude and language.
5. Expect of others more than you do of yourself.
6. Demean others and make up clever put-downs.
7. Be a tale-bearer.
8. Become a drama queen.
9. Let conflict become the norm.
10. Elephantitis: never forget a slight or imagined insult or hurt.
11. Carry a full cup of bitterness ready to spill if bumped.
12. Surround yourself with others just like yourself.
13. Feed your fears and let worry and anxiety paralyze you.
14. Take the word of others and ignore the Word of God.
15. Become a real crab and grow claws.
What do you think? Can you add to the list?
"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. And be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you" Ephesians 4:29-32
This is a word for me, for mothers, to give only such a word that is good for building up according to the need of each moment giving grace. The opposite of crabby is living with grace: grace received with grace to give.
at 8:12 AM