Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

 
"I dearly love a laugh..."
Jane Austen
 

I haven't played games in years, over thirty years.  I gave up playing games when my kids had colic and seldom tried after that.  This week my grown daughters had a get together.  In order to make up for their damaged childhood with a mother who did not play games with them (even though their dad did), they were insistent I play: so I beat them at their own game!  Ha!  Did I mention that I am competitive?   (You should have seen me play PAC MAN with an attitude, and I'm not proud of it.)   However, last night we kept interrupting ourselves laughing and telling stories.  It wasn't about the games.  It was about being together and enjoying each other's company.  Everyone wins, unless someone lets out the video of the Just Dance competition.  I didn't say I won that one, me the one who's never danced since jr hi P.E. square dancing ("do a little Tennessee wig-walk.")

 
I don't want to do life like I am tempted to play games.  Rather,
 
"...make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.  Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others."
Philippians 2:2-4
 
 
My beauties!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment