Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

 
Light
 
Can you believe everything you read on the internet?  Of course not.  But there is a book we can totally believe.  Did you know you can fb God? By that I mean you can see His face and find out what He says in His book, the Bible.  I believe the Bible, Scripture, the Word of God is true, Truth, inerrant, and living.  Prevenient grace wooed me through the Holy Spirit, convicted me unto repentance for my sins where I found forgiveness for sins and freedom from Sin according to His Word; Scripture revealed Truth to me, lead me into all truth until filled with the Holy Spirit, the very breath of God living in me.


In studying the Word of God, it is good to ask what the author is saying under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to God's people at the time as well as to me now.  Probing the depths is good.  It is also good to walk with God in every itty bitty circumstance of our lives as He reveals His truth in every area since He is ever living to make intercession for me.


"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)  That means we don't have to be a Bible scholar since His Word is living and active.  Neither does it mean we can ignore it because He also can judge the thoughts and intentions of our heart.  Since we can't walk around holding Jesus' hand or sit at His feet  by our couch and actually listen to Him speak, God thought it best to leave us with His Holy Spirit and His Word to fill us and "lead us into all truth."


I see God's fingerprint in everything I see and do.  Because He is living, I don't have to leave Him at home in my study or closet.  If I don't know the answer, which happens often, I must go to Him in prayer and search the Scriptures and wait upon the Lord.  Some things will remain a mystery as we learn to trust in Him completely, no matter what.  On this blog I share a "petit mote," little bites of His Word I relish as I walk with Him every day.

 
Search and dig for the truth

Instead of Rapunzel letting down her long hair, think of the wisdom of the ages letting down his long beard so that we may climb down out of the ivory tower and walk in His kingdom ready to face any dragons seeing God's hand in everything in the beautiful whole wide world.  Sundays are like a gathering of all your fb friends joined together to worship and to learn more from His Word.  How can we neglect so great a salvation?

 
We can even do more than draw from a well...
 
 ,
Because of His death on a cross,
we can wade out and swim in the river that flows from the throne of God,
 living water and never thirst again.
 
 
All pictures are taken from Jamestown 

No comments:

Post a Comment