Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

"A poor, yet wise lad is better than an old and foolish king,
who no longer knows how to receive instruction."
Ecclesiastes 3:15
 
 
 
One down, one to go.  School has swallowed one child, so I'm thinking work needs to be taught to the last one standing, especially as a simple chore turned into disaster yesterday.  I go to the store, I load up the grocery cart, I use their dad's hard earned money to pay for the groceries, I unload the groceries into the trunk, I take the first load in and instruct the boys to bring in the rest.  I didn't notice while I put away groceries that they failed to bring in all the rest.  Today some expensive groceries went in the garbage can after steaming in the hot car since yesterday.  Work has value.  I'm kicking them out of their summer stay in the Garden of Eden, and it will be by the sweat of their brow now.  Put the kindle down and back away slowly.  To the garage pit we go for hard labor.  Can you hear the clinking of ball and chain?  The bloodhounds are sniffing at the door in case he escapes.  Wait, that means I must put down the laptop and back away slowly.  The boss woman has her work to do too. Hi HO!
 
 
""Here is what I have seen to be good and fitting:
to eat, to drink and enjoy oneself in all one's labor;
this is the gift of God.  For he will not often consider
the years of his life because
God keeps him occupied with the gladness of his heart."
Ecclesiastes 5:18-20 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment