Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Coincidence?  I am not superstitious or believe in being jinxed, yet, I dread telling you in case it happens to you too.  My daughter told me of a frustrating hour + she spent digging thin broken glass shards out of her disposal along with sand and gravel from the spill.   Of course the very next day I did the same thing, "minus the sand and gravel thankfully.  I can't remember when I broke a glass that fell down the disposal.  I wasn't even standing by the sink, but one thing fell against another until like the last domino, it fell in the porcelain sink and shattered glass everywhere.   It was like her event was chain-linked to my catastrophe.  I only got a little bloody.



Have you ever noticed that the enemy of your soul is not very creative?  He will try tying one of life's little foxes of frustration to another in order cover more ground.  "That happened to me too," moments abound.  Whether it is lost keys, flat tires, or broken washers, they often do not happen independently of another's woe.  Or am I the only one who notices these little vexations run in families?  Little foxes spoil the vines.  We have to be on guard for the littles that try to rob of us our fruit. 

 
"Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards,
our vineyards that are in bloom."
Song of Solomon 2:15 
...my own vineyard I have neglected."
Song of Solomon 1:6
 
Foxes are cute.  But they are cuter when they are not spoiling my garden.
 
"May I a small house and a large garden have,
and a few friends and many books,
both true, both wise, and both delightful too!"
Abraham Cowley
1618-1667
 


No comments:

Post a Comment