Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

"It's a lot easier to say you're mad
than to admit you're hurt."
 
 
 
Mr. School-loving, never-met-a-class-he-didn't-like, I'll-sit-here-and-be-happy-as-long-as-there's-recess kind of kid woke up on the wrong side of the planet this morning, the dark side.  Grumpy never had anything on this dwarf.  He's as snotty as Sneezy too with his welcome back to school cold (I'm sure he's using up all his teacher's hand sanitizers and Kleenex some of which I was guilt driven to donate.)  He took his brothers waffles out of the toaster before they were done to put his in: this means war!  He threw the first punch and screamed the loudest, which soon turned into shouts of  "I'm not going to school!" Hmm.  The fact that he had on his civilian clothes instead of his school uniform should have been a dead give-away.   I had the brilliant flash that something was up.

Sure enough, a new kid put into his younger class for discipline made fun of him reading, used the big bad words prefaced by "mother," and threatened him if he told.  Bullying.  I reminded him that he had more friends than this kid, and he was probably a little jealous.  I will talk to the principal and the teacher, but sometimes we can't see the forest because of the trees, the fire because of the smoke, or the issue because of the tantrum.  I'm glad God can see through my biggest smoke-screens and temper fits to see what my fear is.

 
"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial  which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings."
I Peter 4:12-13
 
"Not more than I can bear I know
Thou, dearest Lord, wilt on me lay,
And I can learn of Thee to go
Unfearing on my may."
Harriet M. Kimball
 
Who wants to go back to grade school? 
Don't line up behind me...I don't want to go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment