Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

 
Remember from my family tree I found Gorm the Sleepy, the First King of Denmark?  My husband is Al of Snore.  He flunked his sleep test and will soon have a machine to keep him breathing more freely at night.  Yes, he has sleep apnea.  At first we thought his excessive tiredness was because he was working two jobs, pastoring and social work with the Salvation Army rehab. center.  He is an early riser who relishes the early mornings for his quiet study time.  But nodding off in front of the TV is one thing. Nodding off while driving is another.  A good night's sleep is essential to good health and well being, even survival, obviously something he was lacking.

 
 
I love the promise in Psalms

"He gives to His beloved even in their sleep."
 
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I snore before I wake
I promise, Lord,
A sleep test I'll take.

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment