Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

 
A life of ingratitude is part of Adam & Eve's fall.  The Garden was not enough.  The original sin is not so original: we all make the same sin choice, not to believe God.  The lie from the deceiver is that God is not good and cannot be trusted. They had it all, but wanted more.
 

Ann VosKamp says, "Doubting God's goodness, distrusting His intent, discontented with what He has given...If I'm ruthlessly honest, I may have said yes to God, yes to Christianity, but really, I have lived the no...and I thirst for some elixir, to relieve the anguish of what I've believed: God isn't good.  God doesn't love me." "I am a woman who speaks one language, the language of the fall--discontentment and self-condemnation, the critical eye, and the never satisfied."


But she reminds us of Christ's example in the giving of eucharisteo, a Greek word for giving thanks. When it is broken, it is made up of grace (favor), and joy.  This is the way to fullness of joy, being grateful.

"He means to heal our soul holes."
 
"Gratitude bestows reverence."
Sarah B. Breathnach
 
"I have learned to be content with whatever I have."
Philippians 4:11
 
"And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them..."
 
...giving thanks, receiving thankfully, appreciating fully, fullness of joy.
 
= 1,000 gifts gratitude list
 
 making note of the good gifts God has given in the little things as well as the big.


Here's my list,  I'll start again...
 
1.  puppy sounds: pug noises like little pig grunts...
2.  a cold glass of water as if from the River of Life...
3.  sweet fellowship with sisters and daughters with a baby thrown in for good measure...
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment