Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

 
An old Farm Blessing
 
"Father in heaven,
We thank thee for our good beasts,
which are dear to us next our kin...
We ask Thy fond blessing on them,
for they cannot ask themselves."
 
Amen


This was one of our cats who lost the game of chicken:
no more outside cats.

 
My prayer today:
"Bless the beasts and the children."
 
I will not  be a little old lady who carries her pug around everywhere she goes.
I will not  be a little old lady who carries her pug around everywhere she goes.
  I will not  be a little old lady who carries her pug around everywhere she goes...


This is our first pug Harriet
 
A pug is not my first choice in a dog, but the breed has certainly stood the test of time for being a family dog.  Our puppy is a brindle pug, a rare coloring which is not accepted in dog shows.  The only dog show he'll be in is on fb (soon).  However, one of the earliest paintings of a pug is a portrait of Louis XV's brindled pug.  Ours' name is Max, our new baby.  Our sobbing son asks for a pug, so a pug he gets.  Hank sleeps on the floor by his kennel.  Puppy love in spite of tears.
 
At least I knew where my big dog was at all times, on the couch next to me.  He was too heavy to pick up, but he will always be heavy in my heart. My boys in their grief over losing him asked why animals can't live longer.  I believe they teach us to love unconditionally by their example and then to grieve, a practice test for the bigger events of life.
 
And yes, I do believe all dogs go to heaven
for the One who created them for our pleasure
and who rides on a white horse,
who will make the lion and the lamb lay down together,
the Lord God made them all.
 

 
 We still have our Sweetie.

It's an interesting thought that God loved His creatures so much, He had Noah build an ark big enough for them to go on in this world.  It wasn't the animals who sinned against God, except ye old snake.

"Cursed are you more than all the cattle,
And more than the beasts of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And dust you shall eat
All the days of your life;
And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman."
Genesis 3:14-15

The animals did not escape the curse of Adam & Eve's sin.  They too were kicked out of the Garden because Adam and Eve had disobeyed and ate from the fruit of which God had said,
"You shall not eat from it, or touch it, lest you die."
Genesis 3:3 

No comments:

Post a Comment