Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013


"Autumn is a time of harvest, for gathering together."
Edwin Teale
 
"She usually loved the sun to reign
But today she enjoyed 
the surprise of rain."
 
 
 
 "Gone are the birds that were our summer guests."
Longfellow
 
At least the geese are honking their farewells as they fly so very low over our lawns making me glad
they are more graceful with their wings than in their singing.  Yet in their haunting honking, there is a call to linger, for coziness, domesticity as we are left behind while they fly away.  As for domesticity, my new four year old grandson walked in my house, looked around and said, "I see you cleaned it."  Glad he noticed, but gladder still he lives with the Queen Bee of clean, my daughter.  As for me, it is such an achievement to have clean swept floors, it is a joy indeed that holds me over till the urge to clean so moves me again.  Usually I lie down and the feeling passes.  Often my floors are as littered as the forest floor in fall, but not as pretty.

 
"Woolens and tweeds.  Brilliant hues of orange, red, and gold.  
A crisp scent.  A cool northern wind."
It is almost boots and sweaters time
all you puddle stompers!

"Joy and gladness will be found in her,
Thanksgiving and sound of a melody."
Isaiah 51:3
 


No comments:

Post a Comment