Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013



 
I've seen better gardening days.  My tomato plants flourished so much that they spent their energy growing more leaves than tomatoes on the vine.  I finally got one zucchini plant to survive which has produced 3 fingerlings.  The strawberries are bigger and  better this season at least.  In years past I have grown the proverbial zucchini that grew so much that you didn't have enough friends to whom to give it away. We've had fifteen foot tall okra plants for our culinary delight and green beans and grapes galore.  These are memories of the past, not current realities. 


Sunday's children's church lesson was on the parable of the sower: some seed fell on the hard ground which the birds snatched up, some grew but were choked by the weeds of this world's worries, some fell on rocky soil in which the joy shriveled up and died, and some on the good soil.  The question is which soil am I? 

The children eagerly took the flower packets and filled them with scripture strips.  Gardening tip of the day: the Word of God will not return void.  Whatever I do, I want to sow its seed.  That's why I try to give a Scripture each day with my blog.  That makes for a successful garden.


"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth,
And making it bear and sprout,
Furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
So shall My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it."
Isaiah 55:10-11




No comments:

Post a Comment