Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

 
The house is quietly humming with a four, seven, and ten year old's activity.  Everyone else is gone.  These new foster grandchildren were playing church together.  As the younger two moved on to other play, the ten year old continued to read aloud from the Bible.  It made for such a pleasant atmosphere.   I found each of them a Bible to take home of their own.  You would think I had given them candy, they were so happy.  What a wonderful way to close the Sabbath. 

"Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
 
"Sabbath is that uncluttered time and space in which we can distance ourselves
from our own activities enough to see what God is doing."
Eugene Peterson
 
"The Sabbath is the link between the paradise which has passed away
and the paradise which is yet to come."
Andrew Wylie
 
"I gave them my Sabbath days of rest as a sign between them and me.
It was to remind them that I am the Lord ,
who set them apart to be holy."
Ezekiel 20:12
 

No comments:

Post a Comment