Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

"You know what would make house cleaning way more fun?
A maid."
 
Amen!!

 
 
The newest piece of science says that we can't rely on exercise in order to lose weight.  Just as I thought, and why I've avoided it all these years!  They took a study group and wrote down the number of hours they worked out after a year.  It was found that after an hour a day, six days a week of exercising, the men lost on average two and a half pounds, in a year: two and a half pounds in a year after 313 hours of exercising!  My husband informed me that men don't work out to lose weight, just to buff up the muscle mass.  Believe me, women do it to lose weight, forget the six-pack.  That's a lot of wasted energy!  Not really, we know there are health benefits, but let's tell the truth here: working out makes you hungry!  Thus, I reason, if I don't work out, I won't be so ravenous.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Genesis says that it is the curse of sin, that makes us work by the sweat of our brow.  Housework is the only thing that makes me break a sweat, and I feel like cursing the curse: Curse you mop, oh ye broom, you everlasting Windex and Lysol! It's why there are thistly weeds in my garden and snails that beat me to my strawberries, all  part of the curse.  A healthy weight is 20/80 ratio of exercise to diet in determining your weight.  Common sense comes out on top again!  Well shut my mouth and don't pass the potatoes!
 
Isn't it interesting that the original sin centered on a temptation to eat and the curse was to sweat to the oldies!  Even the snake's curse was to eat dust.  So I come by my enmity to dust naturally--Die you dust bunnies!  And my enmity to sweat and housework comes from falling out of the Garden.
 
"On your belly you shall go,
And dust you shall eat...
And I shall put enmity
Between you and the woman...
"In toil you shall eat of it...
Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you;
By the sweat of your brow
you shall eat bread."
Genesis 3:14-15, 17-19

 

 
But rather I choose an Attitude of Gratitude today...
 
1.  Cobwebs that hang down from my ceiling fan that remind me that my least favorite holiday is coming, Halloween.  Cobwebs are the costume jewelry of a dirty house, and even they can be lovely in their own way...
 
2.  Running into my son's former hospital-home teacher and being able to give him a glowing report of how he is doing now, a grateful reminder of how far he has come...
 
3.  The coach noticing my son's ability in swimming and asking him to try out for the swim team...  He doesn't want to, but it is always nice to be asked...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment