Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

 
 
"Bless the Lord, all His works in all places His dominion. 
 Bless the Lord, O my soul."
Psalm 103:22
 
 
 
 
I'm going on a retreat hunt...
I'm taking my camera so I can say with the Psalmist,
"Bless the Lord
O my soul!"
 
Anne Voskamp, "1,000 Gifts," calls it being thank full.
 
Fall is in the air,
The sky is blue and fair. 
Leaves are turning red,
Not a worry's in my head.
The honk of geese is indiscreet,
It's the sound of a retreat.
 
A retreat from the busyness of life
to seek the source of our life.
"The real problem of life is never a lack of time.
The real problem of life is...lack of thanksgiving."
Life, like food, is meant to be savored.
"Life is dessert--too brief to hurry."
 
 
"And He took bread, gave thanks, and broke it, and gave it to them."
 
He gave thanks, then gave us His body which was broken for us...
He gave thanks
knowing what He was about to do for us.
 
Sunday was communion.
I can't eat wheat.  I can no longer take the bread.  Sunday was communion, and I forgot to bring the gluten-free bread.  I seldom get to take communion because I usually am in children's church.  What to do?  Oh, what to do?  I took my stick of gum and broke it, dipped it in the grape juice and did this
in remembrance of Him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment