Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Advent, December 7...

 
Will we wake up to snow?  Did it fall while we were sleeping only to melt before we wake.   The whole valley is in anticipation of what the sky will bring.
We are waiting for its coming.
Advent.
in the bleak mid-winter...
 
 
"Our God, heaven can not hold him
Nor earth sustain.
Heaven and earth shall flee away
when He comes to reign:
In the bleak mid-winter
A stable place sufficed
The Lord God Almighty,
Jesus Christ."
Christian Rosetti
 
 
 
Snow is God's promise that "our sins, though they be as scarlet,
shall be white as snow."
Snow can take a dirty world and make it pristine, crisp and clean.


Snow Ice Cream

1 lg. bowl of fresh snow
1 &1/2-2 cups of heavy cream
2 T. vanilla
1 & 1/4 C. sifted powdered sugar

Pour the combined cream & vanilla over the snow.
Gradually add the powdered sugar until well blended.
Be careful not to let it melt.
Add more snow if ice cream is too thin or more sugar if not sweet enough.
Eat immediately.

My mother made a hard syrup mixture which she poured over our bowls of snow to make a candy.
I remember having a little fit and throwing my bowl because I had scooped up some dirt with it.
I must have been very young being so naughty.  I wasn't allowed another bowl.  I remember getting my pout on watching my siblings getting their fresh bowls out in the snow.
It wasn't really the dirty snow, but my dirty heart being revealed.

Frozen!


A frozen skunk by the side of the road in Bismarck, North Dakota.
God can freeze the stink right out of His creatures, including me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment