Pages

Friday, February 12, 2016

PSALM 27 continued...




Just a little left over business from the last post
from the Old Psalter,

"The gernyng of my hert that spekes til god,
and he anely heres:
saide till 'til the my face,'
that es my presence soght the
and na nother thing.
And fra now I sal seke thi face lastandly,
til my dede;
and that I fynd my sekyng."



Old Psalter explained...

"The yearning strong desire of my heart,
which speaks to God,
and He alone hears;
my face is to Thee;
that is, myself sought Thee,
and none other thing;
and from now I shall seek Thee lastingly,
till my death;
and till that I find what I seek."

Then a little fear...
 

 
Abandonment
 
"Do not hide Your face from me...You have been my help;
DO NOT ABANDON ME NOR FORSAKE ME,
O God of my salvation!
For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
But the Lord will take me up.
(but the Lord hath gathered me up.)"
(verses 9-10)


 
Abandonment, one of the basic fears of life.
Wait, don't you have the memory of being lost
wondering where your mommy and daddy are?
I can vividly remember the store;
was it in the handkerchief section?
(Yes, I am old enough that I can remember such a thing.)
 
We have been the bad, bad parents who have left their children behind,
yes, more than once.
even leaving our son back at church on Father's Day, no less.


 
We have adopted, three precious souls
abandoned by the tragic circumstances of their lives.
  But we have been adopted by our heavenly Father,
abandoned by the tragic circumstances of sin in our lives
except by Him, who is always there.
Lift up your arms and the Lord will take you up,
gather you up."


 
Then it's time for us to learn from Him, to walk in His footsteps.
 
"Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a level path...
I would have despaired
unless I had believed that I would see
the goodness of the Lord...
Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord."
(verses 11-14)


 
"Wait for His succor in doing His will."
 "Be an expectant;
for He that has promised to come
will come,
and will not tarry."
But wait actively,--be not idle.
Use the means of grace;
--read
--hear,
--pray,
--believe,
--work.



I don't think I've ever been told to be
an expectant,
except as an expectant mother.
One who has to wait,
without control
over the timing,
pregnant with purpose,
with a precious life.
Yeah, God kinda likes us like that.


Oh, you know, just waiting around to see the goodness of the Lord.




 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment