Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2016

PSALM 45 continued,
 
Joy and Gladness 
 
 

 
"Thy throne, O God is forever and ever;
A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Thy kingdom.
Thou hast loved righteousness,
and hated wickedness;
Therefore God, Thy God, has anointed Tee
With the oil of joy above Thy fellows."
(verses 6-7 & Hebrews 8-9)
 
"Because He humbled Himself,
God has highly exalted Him."
(Philippians 2:8-9)
 
"All authority ha been given to Me
in heaven and on earth..
Lo, I am with you always,
even to the end of the age. "
(Matthew 28:18, 20)


 
"My dominion extends from creation to the consummation of all things...
I have the same glory, sovereign unlimited power and authority,
which I had with the Father before the world began."
 
"And now, glorify Thou Me together with Thyself, Father,
with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was."
(John 17:5)
 
Translated from the Old Psalter:
"But unto the sonne he sayeth;
God, ti sete endureth for ever and ever:
the cepter of thi kyngdome is a right cepter."



 
"The scepter, which was sort of a staff, or instrument of various forms,
was the ensign of government...'With the oil of gladness'  We have often had occasion to remark that, anciently, kings, priests, and prophets, were consecrated to their several offices by anointing;
and that this signified the gifts and influences of the Divine Spirit.  Christ is 'The Anointed One.'
None was ever constituted prophet, priest, and king, but Himself."

 

 

"Oil of gladness, oil of joy..."  What a beautiful picture of our Lord's anointing.  May some of His anointing drip down on us, and it does.  From the cross, it was His blood which dripped down, but for the joy set before Him, He endured the cross, so that we, as well as He, may enjoy gladness and joy, joy of the jumping up and down sort.  This oil is the Holy Spirit, His anointing which brings the boldness, the power to proclaim our love for our Bridegroom. 

I was a little bit of a wilting violet, a shy thing when it came to my wedding.  I don't think I ever looked at a bride magazine.  I didn't dream of what my wedding would be like.  My mother probably took on much of the planning. as it is a blur.  I was uncomfortable with all the attention that was part and parcel of the event.  It was more of a let's get this thing done and over attitude with me..  But I do believe, in the holy romance of our Lord for His beloved, He has it all planned out.  And even now, I look back at how glorious His love has been for me.  It is even more real than the wedding photo album and much more beautiful than the $300 dollar wedding my parents threw for us.  Joy and gladness. "Thou hast anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows.  Surely goodness and lovingkindness (mercy) shall follow me all the days of my life..." (Psalm 23:5-6) 



 
Look at His Bride whom He loved so much, the one who brought joy and gladness to Himself, the one whom our Prince delivered from captivity to marry.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment