Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

PSALM 73 continued
 

Like a child, I cry, "Hold you!"

 

One of my very, very favorite Scriptures...
 
"Whom have I in heaven but Thee?
And besides Thee,
I desire nothing on earth."
(verse 25)





 
This is one that is always in a pocket of my heart ready to pull out when everything else has left me unable to breathe, an oxygen mask to pull down when the airplane I'm on is on a downward spiral.  This is what I have to say when everything else is stripped away, boiled dry.  Sometimes it is good to have tunnel vision, especially when there is a light at the end of the tunnel.


 
"All is well if God be mine."
 
"Our drawing near to God takes rise from His drawing near to us,
and it is the happy meeting that makes the bliss."
(Matthew Henry)
 
 
I  desire not anything on this round earth except the beauty of God where it will all be perfected in heaven.  This sphere is just a hint of what is to come.  It can never fill the void in the heart, a God-sized void, that can only be filled by the Creator Himself.  Only He can breathe life into our being. Haven't you had that achy-breaky heart?
 
 
 

 
Somehow these verses make me picture a small hand reaching up
and a strong hand reaching down

 
The previous verse 23 says,
"Nevertheless, I am continually with Thee;
Thou hast taken hold of my right hand." 
"They are tenderly led by the hand of a loving father."
(Adam Clarke)

 
"My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever...
But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the Lord God my refuge,
That I may tell of all Thy works."
(verses 26, 28)

 
"He speaks as one careless of the body (let that fail, there is no remedy), but as one concerned about the soul, to be strengthened in the inner man."
(Matthew Henry)


 
"God is the strength (literally, the rock) of my heart."
 
this is opposed to the earlier verse in between (verse 27)
"All them who go a whoring from thee."





 
It is a matter of the heart, for one who cleaves to the lover of his soul.  We dare not trust in the physical chambers of the heart which all will fail, no matter how much exercise, how healthy a diet, no matter how amazing the medical miracles achieved.  The heart should beat out of our chest with love for God, and Him alone.

 
"Cleave to God."



No comments:

Post a Comment