Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

PSALM 89
 

 
 I've always chosen my watermelon by thunking it.  I'm a regular percussion section while in the produce section.   One of my granddaughters informed me, however, that if there's yellow on the melon, that means it has sat longer in the field to ripen, or if there are stratches, it might mean that bees or wasps have been at it and they know how to pick 'em.  Both of these are also recommended ways to choose a melon.  Well, the last post, I spit out a few seeds from Psalm 89, but this one's a real good thunker, and here's the juicy part good clear down to the rind...

 
"I will sing of the lovingkindness of the Lord forever;
To all generations I will make known Thy faithfulness with my mouth.
For I have said, 'Lovingkindness will be built up forever;
In the heavens Thou wilt establish Thy faithfulness.'
I have made a covenant with My chosen;
I have sworn to David My servant,
I will establish your seed forever,
And built up your throne to all generations.
And the heavens will praise Thy wonders, O Lord;
Thy faithfulness also in the assembly of the holy ones.
For who in the skies is comparable to the Lord?
Who among the sons of the mighty is like the Lord?
A God greatly feared in the council of the holy ones,
And awesome above all those who are around Him?"

 
God is such that He inspires music, thus the Psalms,
because of "God's mercy (lovingkindness) being inspired by Thy Spirit, is not only true,
but shall be preserved by the Divine providence forever."

 
Giant wind chimes

'Mercy (lovingkindness) shall be built up forever.'
"God's goodness is the foundation on which His mercy rests;
and from that source, and on that foundation,
acts of mercy shall flow and be built up for ever and ever."

God's goodness, the foundation...

I've written before that I struggled with God's goodness, and when that was settled, my spiritual life was set in order.

'Thy faithfulness shall Thou establish.'
"What Thou hast promised to do to the children of men on earth,
Thou dost register in heaven;
and Thy promise shall never fail.
'Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up Thy throne to all generations.'
"This is incontestably Jesus Christ."
(Adam Clarke)


"The heavens will praise Thy wonders,
Thy faithfulness also in the assembly of the holy ones."
"Both saints and angels shall join to celebrate His praises."


The old Psalter says...
"For wha in the clowdes sal be evened to Lorde;
like sal be to God in sons of God?"
or translated...
"Emang al haly men nane may be evened to Ihu Crist;
and nane may be like hym in God's sons:
for he is God's son to be kynde,
and tha thrugh grace."


Doesn't that make you want to sing His praises with a wee bit of a brogue?








 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment