Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

PSALM 95 continued...
 
I know it's hard to believe,
but this will be a short post to add on to the one I published a little early.

 
"For the Lord is a great God,
And a great King above all gods,
In whose hand are the depths of the earth;
The peaks of the mountains are His also.
The sea is His, for it was He who made it;
And His hands formed the dry land."
(verses 3-5)

  


 
Somehow I get a snapshot of our great and playful God.
I think He had a downright good ol'time making the world,
playing in the water, playing in the mud, oh, you know,
just like you did when you were a kid.

 
 
I always go back to the delight mentioned in Proverbs 8:30-31...
 
"Then I was beside Him, as a master workman;
And I was daily His delight,
Rejoicing always before Him,
Rejoicing in the world, His earth,
And having my delight in the sons of men."




 
(for more read verses 22-31)
 
This "rejoicing" is also translated "playing."
 
Oh. My. Goodness!
 
Can't you just see God getting down with His Son and playing?  
Did they have a water fight?
Can't you just see His giant hands scooping out the place for the water
and getting His hands full of dirt?
Dirt + Water = Mud.
God got muddy for you.


 
So have a fun summer and play!
It's a God thing. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment