Pages

Friday, June 17, 2016





RANDOM THOUGHTS ON A SUMMER DAY...





Loving wearing a sweater in the summer with a cool 75 degree day...



Summer turns my son into a 200 pound social butterfly going house to house to friends...




Why make high school orientation sessions for parent/child the most miserable hour and a half of blah blab while looking at unreadable screen?  Makes me wonder what kids have to listen to when school starts or if they will just stare at the woman who bends over a bit too revealingly...



Twins special connection tested: when 5 year old Addie invited Ezra to climb under the couch recliner so she could trap him there, grandpa told her not to because it would hurt her brother.  He said so earnestly with a hurt heart, "Addie, don't you love me? Do you want to hurt me?"Ahh...



Thankful as I move about my home, realizing how much I love it, am blessed by it, how it is stuffed with memories of special places: I am an at home gypsy with happy thoughts of trips taken and those to be taken in the future.  The ocean is calling, but in the meanwhile, there is the couch...


 
The blank spaces on my calendar are one of my favorite sights.  I love it when it is filled with only birthday reminders, so I can stay home most days and listen to the quiet broken only by the mockingbird.  Oh, the privilege of age...



I must go to a doctor appointment early so I can read my ebook in the lobby there until they call my name, because if I begin it at home, I will get lost in reading and forget and miss my appointment...


Whenever I return home, my dog greets me at the door, then hops up and sits on the couch by my usual spot.  She would pat the seat beside her if she could, she's that obvious.  Then when I'm seated, she will press her face onto mine or lean heavily against me.  Love the beastie's welcome...




"Thou hast exalted my horn like that of the wild unicorn; I have been anointed with fresh oil."
Psalm 92:10
 

 
Well, howdy then.  That's how I'm feeling today with fresh anointing  from His surprising Word!


No comments:

Post a Comment