Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

PSALM 103 continued...


 
"He is mindful that we are dust.
As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
When the wind has passed over it, it is no more;
And its place acknowledges it no longer.
But the lovingkindness of the Lord
is from everlasting to everlasting
on those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children's children,
To those who keep His covenant,
And who remember His precepts to do them."
(verses 14-18)


 
Once upon a time, God formed man from dust and breathed life into him.  He provided a way that man would never return to the dust, but man chose to go against God's protection, eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, which resulted in death entering the world.  Death means returning to dust.  But as the Gunger song goes, "He makes beautiful things out of dust."
 

 
 

But thanks be to God, there is still plan "B" even though Adam and Eve blew plan "A" to smithereens.  Yet, "For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  Not perish, but have eternal life.
What a gift!  Eternal life for those who refuse His gift is not so hot, well, actually it is.



 
Forget-Me-Nots



"His righteousness to children's children."
 
My very earliest memory was when I was probably two years old.  It was after church, out in front on the lawn.  I probably was an escapee from the nursery as I don't believe I was supposed to be out there by myself as there was a very busy street near by.  However, I remember tugging and tugging and tugging on a pair of slacks, then finally looking up and up and realizing that it wasn't my daddy's face I saw, but someone else.  I did not get my daddy's attention.


 
Then time passed so quickly and it was my children who were around that age, two and four years old.  Their grandparents sent tickets to attend a denomination day at Disneyland.  We did not live nearby and only saw them about once a year.  So we eagerly drove about twelve hours or so to meet them there to make happy memories (twelve hours in a car with toddlers means the happy times were still ahead, not in the vehicle.) They did greet us but went instead to left to hobnob with their district friends.  They missed an opportunity to make memories with their children's children.  Excuse me, but I don't have any friends--as nice as they are--I'd rather spend time with than my grandchildren, especially at Disneyland.  Time passes too quickly.  The wind passed over and they are no more.  Many other happy memories were made  at other times, but that opportunity passed by.



Whether it is your children, children's children or the people God has put in your path to influence, don't let the opportunity go by. 


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment