Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

PSALM 103 continued...

 

 
I just couldn't lump angels in with the rest of my blogging, could I?  Of course not.
 
"Bless the Lord, you His angels,
Mighty in strength,
who perform His word,
Obeying the voice of His word!
Bless the Lord, all you His hosts,
You who serve Him, doing His will.
Bless the Lord, all you works of His,
In all places of His dominion;
Bless the Lord, O my soul!"


 
These angels aren't cute little cupids, or fat cherubs but mighty in strength. 
They obey, serve, perform the word of God and do His will.


 

 My, my, my, what have we here?  It's mind-boggling isn't it.  Psalm 148:1-2 says,
 
"Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord from the heavens;
Praise Him in the heights!
Praise Him, all His angels;
Praise Him, all His hosts!"
 
"The angels, whom he describes, --1. from their excellence;--ye that excel in strength. 2.  From their obedience; --ye that do His commandments.  3.  From their readiness and cheerfulness in it; --ye that hearken to the voice of His words, --who are every ready, at the slightest intimation, to perform His will." (Adam Clarke)   If angels are so ready to bless Him, it's almost as if they have skipped to the back of the book and know the victorious outcome of all their battles.


 
In Isaiah 6  the angels were singing 'Holy, holy, holy,' while Isaiah was left saying, 'Woe is me!'  It took a seraphim flying to him with a burning coal from the altar which he had taken with tongs, to touch his mouth saying, 'Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away, and your sin is forgiven.'   Then he could participate in the sing-along and say, "Here am I, send me."

 
As for describing the angels as those who serve, Hebrews 1:14 says,
 
"Are they not all ministering spirits,
sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?"



 
 

 Are you ready for angel talk?
Stay with me now...
 
Think of Daniel.  He seems to have had more fear and trembling from his visits with the angels than he ever had being thrown in the lions' den.  Now it's on the long side, but if you are interested in how angels talk and do business when they are not blessing the Lord, read the following.  1.  Daniel was highly esteemed.  2.  Every time the angels appeared and spoke with him, he was wiped out.  3.  The mystery of Michael and Gabriel as fighting forces who needed to be upheld by prayer, even if Daniel was the only one, is an incredible insight.  4.  Spiritual warfare pivots on prayer.


 
"Now while I was speaking and praying and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel,
and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God in behalf of the holy mountain of my God,
while I was still speaking in prayer, then the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision previously, came to me in my extreme weariness about the time of the evening offering...'O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding...I have come to tell you,
for you are highly esteemed; so give heed to the message and gain understanding of the vision
(the one of which he said in 8:27, "Then I, Daniel was exhausted and sick for days.  Then I got up again and carried on the king's business; but I was astounded at the vision, and there was none to explain it.") 

 
And then another time in Daniel 10:7-11:1, he said, "Now I, Daniel, alone saw the vision, while the men who were with me did not see the vision; nevertheless, a great dread fell on them, and they ran away to hide themselves.  So I was left alone and saw this great vision; yet no strength was left in me, for my natural color turned to a deathly pallor, and I retained no strength.  But I heard the sound of his words; and as soon as I heard the sound of his words, I fell into a deep sleep on my face, with my face to the ground.  Then a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees.  And he said to me, 'O Daniel, man of high esteem, understand the words that I am about to tell you and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.'  And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling.  Then he said to me, 'Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, you word were heard, and I have come in response to your words.  But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me.'...And when he had spoken to me according to these words, I turned my face toward the ground and became speechless. 

 
And behold, one who resembled a human being was touching my lips; then I opened my mouth and spoke, and said to him who was standing before me, 'O my lord, as a result of the vision anguish has come upon me, and I have retained no strength...As for me, there remains just now no strength in me, nor has any breath been left in me.'  Then this one with human appearance touched me again and strengthened me.  And he said, 'O man of high esteem, do not be afraid.  Peace be with you; take courage and be courageous!'  Now as soon as he spoke to me, I received strength and said, 'May my lord speak, for you have strengthened me...'Do you understand why I came to you?  But I shall now return to fight against the prince of Persia; so I am going forth, and behold, the prince of Greece is about to come.  However, I will tell you what is inscribed in the writing of truth.  Yet there is no one who stands firmly with me against these forces except for Michael your prince.'  ... 'I arose to be an encouragement and protection for him.'" (Prayer.)


 
So angels are busy whether they are blessing the Lord or are mighty warriors on our behalf.  We can be like angels, blessing the Lord, and obeying His word.  Try that white robe on for size.  You may not get wings, but we get the white robe.  Start blessing the Lord!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment