Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2016

PSALM 126


Excuse me while I take this Psalm a little personally...

"When the Lord brought back the captive ones of Zion,
We were like those who dream.
Then our mouth was filled with laughter
And our tongue with joyful shouting;
Then they said among the nations,
'The Lord has done great things for them.'
The Lord has done great things for us;
We are glad.
Restore our captivity, our Lord,
As the streams in the South.
Those who sow in tears
shall reap with joyful shouting.
He who goes to and fro weeping,
carrying his bag of seed,
Shall indeed come again
with a shout of joy,
bringing his sheaves with him."



Excuse me for a minute while I do a little shouting, joyful shouting because my mouth is filled with laughter. That's what I was doing the night of the 8th.  At times it had felt we were captives in our own country under persecution.  We were like those who dream.  Now we are saying, "The Lord has done great things for us; We are glad."




So excuse us for a little jubilation.  I feel like jubilating!  I sowed in tears, but now...It is no secret that I would have preferred any of the other party candidates, but somehow this man was able to cut across this nation turning it red as no one else could.  I am thrilled for what it means as he carries his bag of seeds to sow for our military, and safety, our economy, our health care, sowing seeds of racial harmony instead of the restless discord that had been erupting, our Supreme Court nominees, our Constitution, our respect world-wide and our faith.

  We are still called to pray for our president.




Nuf said.

No comments:

Post a Comment