Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

ADVENT DEC. 10

PSALM 139
verses 17-18




"How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I should count them,
they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You."



God's thoughts of you began in the womb.  His thoughts of you began in the Garden when He was delighting in the sons of man.  His thoughts of you were throughout the human history that led up to the day you entered into the days that were ordained for you, "When as yet there was not one of them."  His thoughts were so tenderly precious when He gave His only begotten Son from heaven to hay to show us the way back to Him.  His thoughts are of you as He prepares a place for you.  His thoughts of you outnumber the sand.  The question is, have you thought of God?




Adam Clarke saw these verses through the prism of the developing embryo.  "It is no wonder that, in considering these, the Palmist should cry out, 'How precious or extraordinary, are Thy thoughts!  how great is the sum--heads, or outlines of them.  The particulars are, indeed, beyond comprehension; even the heads, the general contents, of Thy works, while I endeavour to form any tolerable notion of them, prevail over me--they confound my understanding, and are vastly too multitudinous for my comprehension." 


Imagine God glued to every second of an ongoing, running sonogram of a babe's development in the womb from the very beginning of "incubation," and on, and on.  His attention is on us until we make safe harbor  in heaven with Him.  "When I was made in secret, In the secret...of my mother's womb.  'And curiously wrought' ...the word in the Hebrew signifies to interweave variously coloured threads...'Thine eyes did see my substance.' When in embryo, and without any distinct parts...The idea of them was with Thee, as the picture in the eye of the painter." (Adam Clarke)  That's  what happens when your Father is creative, He has an artistic touch. 




"When I awake, I am still with You.

I get an image in my mind of the little Lord Jesus' eyes opening as He lay on the hay to see oxen, sheep and ass, and beyond.  God was with Him, He who was born to be Emanuel, God with us.
We are never far apart from Him; we just have to open our eyes to see Him.
"I am still with You."




"Oh, Mary, what you gonna name
That pretty little baby?
Glory, glory, glory
To the new born King!
Some will call Him one thing,
But I think I will call Him Jesus.
Glory, glory, glory
To the new born King!
Some will call Him one thing,
But I think I'll say Emanuel.
Glory, glory, glory
To the new born King!





No comments:

Post a Comment