Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2017

PARDON ME WHILE I  PAUSE my usual blogging...



I will probably be delving into I, II, & III John as we go forward.  In addition, I think I will repost many of my short stories as well, perhaps one a day along with my daily devotionals for awhile.  However, I feel like I'm still in my house robe by not putting on the lovely clothes of the Psalms I've been wearing this past year.  It's a little strange to wake up and not dress myself in those beautiful songs.


I was encouraged as I presented the 150th & 151st (?) Psalms, the quotes about God blessing the bards.  Is not the creative spirit a part of the entire hallelujah's of the sphere?  Not that I am comparing myself to writing anything like the sacred words, but I have been given breath by He who is the Creator of all: my Father is the Creator God, and I hope I resemble  Him just a wee bit.  So, I will bring this once again...




"...what power hath poetry
when inspired by God."

William Swan Plumer goes on to say, however...

"Read Greek or Latin, poetry after a Psalm
and see how pale it looks."



However, I hope that a little of the lyric poet
exists in me, even though it may pale in comparison to Scripture.
Yet, I have "the smoke of a great fire of the soul," within me.


May I ask too, as David said,
"Who is He who taught me?
The Lord Himself, He is my Master..."
(Psalm 151:3)


Thus, I want to join in as "the morning stars sang together."
(Job 38:7)

"The night sky tucked in, a heavy blanket;
Ripe round moon, a fat bedside candle;
Stars, the sparks of embers burned brightly into dreams."


"Ye stars! which are the poetry of heaven!"


"When one gets quiet,
then something wakes up inside one,
something happy and quiet like the stars."
W.B. Yeats


Reach for the stars
and perhaps you can pull down a moonbeam or two.


"Begin doing what you want to do now...
We have only this moment sparkling like a star
ad melting like a snowflake."
Sir Francis Bacon



"Be silent
or let thy words be worth
more than silence."
Pythagorus


"There are beautiful wild forces within us.
Let them turn the mills inside
and fill sacks that feed even heaven!"
St. Francis of Assisi


"Out of Ephraim...they that handle the pen of the writer...

For the divisions of Reuben there were great thoughts of heart."
(Judges 14-15)



Write on!







No comments:

Post a Comment